The Sean Murphy Memorial Scholarship is awarded each year to two youth players with the Surrey Football Club who exhibit a commitment to soccer as well as community involvement.
The Sean Murphy Memorial Scholarship was established in honour of Sean Murphy, whose life ended tragically on June 1, 2001, at the age of 20 as the result of a car accident. He was dedicated to the sport and worked diligently to climb up the ranks of competitive soccer. SFC is the only club that Sean played for, from Minis to Premier. Sean led by example, striving to be the best he could be on and off the soccer pitch. The scholarship seeks to support and encourage other loyal and dedicated SFC players to follow their dream.
- To be eligible for the Sean Murphy Memorial Scholarship, the applicant must have been a member of the Surrey Youth Soccer Association for a minimum 3 consecutive years as a player. Allowance may be made on a case-by-case basis for a missed year due to circumstances beyond the player’s control; as approved by the Scholarship Committee.
- Two Sean Murphy Memorial Scholarships, valued at $750 each, will be awarded to the top male and female candidates.
- The Scholarship Committee may award both scholarships to one gender if there are not sufficient candidates of both genders.
- Applicants must be proceeding from Grade 12 to a post-secondary institution. Proof of enrollment will be required.
- Three signatures and one written reference will be required to be attached to the application. (Please see the application for the specific details)
- The application must be submitted no later than January 31st, 2018.
- Applicants must be in good standing with the Surrey FC Club and currently enrolled in high school
TO APPLY FILL OUT THE 2018 APPLICATION FORM BELOW